Thursday, June 2, 2011

home made ice cream


I've had an ice cream maker for about five years, and I've only used it once!!  Terrible, I know.  So as soon as the first warm day hit, I decided to break it out and make some ice cream!  It's super easy to do, it's just not for the impatient.  You have to freeze the mix and the bowl {separately} for 24 hours.  I of course, am not the most patient person and only waited about 15 hours.  Next time, I will follow the directions!  It just made it more frustrating of a process and the ice cream was very "melty".  I made a simple vanilla ice cream, which came out gorgeous and creamy.  I then added melted chocolate and peanut butter to it to make a sort of "Stracciatella", which is an Italian version of Chocolate Chip.  Instead of the heavy chunks of chocolate, you drizzle melted chocolate that then freezes instantly and makes small flakes of chocolate that melt in your mouth.  Yum.  I'd say the ice cream turned out great, with exception of my inpatients and it being a little soft.  Next time I will wait the full 24 hours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...